Early Primary and Innovation Centre
It was an exciting day at the Primary Campus on Wednesday, 16 October as the Early Primary year levels moved into the Early Primary and Innovation Centre. The College’s aspiration was to create a purpose-built environment which would be a canvas for inspiring young minds and creative educators, forming opportunities for our youngest community members to explore their curiosities, flourish and fully realise their potential. The building has fulfilled all expectations in supporting our excellent teaching and learning programs, and students are feeling right at home.
The new building includes a contemporary state of the art Early Primary Centre encompassing:
- Five new Early Primary Classrooms with breakout spaces both indoor and outdoor, with access to nature play. The Green space at the front of the building has been enhanced as a secure, outdoor learning and play space.
- The Innovation Centre has: Thinkers Tanks, Makers Space, Design Space, Campfire, Resource Centre and Radio Station/Podcast Lab.
- A new Art Centre is on the upper level.
- Early Primary includes a new toilet facility for boys and girls.
- Energy efficient technologies such as LED lighting and water retention and recycling initiatives have been included.
In partnership with Edge Architects and Sarah Constructions, the development has just been completed. An official opening will take place early in 2021.
To see more photos please click here.