KIDS, TEENS AND SCREENS
Pembroke invites parents, teachers and counsellors to a public presentation by digital wellbeing expert, Dr Kristy Goodwin, titled Kids, Teens and Screens.
When: 6.00pm – 7.30pm, Wednesday 3 August
Where: DY Hall in the Senior School, Girton Campus, 18 Holden Street, Kensington Park
As one of Australia’s best digital wellbeing and focus experts, Kristy shares practical brain-based hacks to tame tech habits and the latest evidence-based strategies so today’s students can thrive in the digital age. Kristy is on a mission to equip students, teachers and parents to better understand the digital world our screenagers have inherited.
Kristy will help confused and concerned parents feel confident about how they can best support their children’s and teens’ physical health, mental wellbeing and learning online, without proposing banning the gaming console or other devices.
This presentation is aimed at parents of students from ELC-Year 12. Topics include:
- Why children and teens are susceptible to potential pitfalls online given their brain development
- Why the online world is appealing to children and adolescents (there’s science to explain their digital infatuation and ‘techno-tantrums’)
- A simple & realistic formula to determine healthy screen time limits for children and teens
- The 5 vital digital boundaries parents must establish to ensure their children and teens develop healthy digital behaviours
- The current risks facing kids and teens in the online world and simple solutions to mitigate these
- Why digital disconnection is critical for your child’s physical health and mental wellbeing.
Register now to this free and public parent presentation: https://www.trybooking.com/929881