YEAR 12 STUDENTS
Year 12 students been emailed the 2020 Final Careers Newsletter which is a document containing information about SACE results, SATAC procedures and advice on transitioning to study in 2021. Students have been asked to share this information with their parents/caregivers and to please mark Tuesday 1 December and Tuesday 15 December in your calendars.
Please be reminded that as of Wednesday 9 December, Careers and VET Services are off Campus for the Christmas break and are only available by email. However, the team will be present on Campus on Tuesday 15 December for appointments following the release of Year 12 results.
For information regarding the Federal Governments new school leavers information kit and access to free one-on-one career counselling please click here.
YEAR 11 STUDENTS
Careers and VET Services have sent a very detailed SEQTA direct message to all Year 11 students early this week. We ask that you please share this information with your parents/caregivers.
Topics that were covered in the SEQTA message are:
- 2021 subject changes
- University of Adelaide Year 11 grades conditional offers
- Year 11 SACE results
- Holiday revision and preparation for Year 12
- Preparing for the UCAT Medicine, Dentistry or Oral Health,
- Finishing off your Certificate III
- Understanding the ATAR
- Changes to ATAR equity adjustment factors and bonus points for 2022 University entry
- University extension study and HeadStart schemes
- SACE STAGE 2 subjects outside St Michaels College and thinking ahead for 2021 ADF Gap Year
If you require any more information please email Ms Coorey.
Mr Woolford has recently been notified of a few vacancies in VET Certificate III courses at Queensford College in Fitness, Hospitality and Business. These courses run in the holidays, or can be attended from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, one night a week. If you are interested, please email Mr Woolford by Monday 30 November.
UniSA have released a new video on what it’s like to study and work as a Civil and Structural Engineer. To watch the video click here.
Ms Rose Coorey and Mr Anthony Vizaniaris, Career Counsellors